You’ve worked hard and climbed the corporate ladder. How exciting it is that your work is taking you to the United Arab Emirates (UAE)! There are customs to learn, a new language to speak, and, of course, paperwork that must be gathered and authenticated.

We could speculate as to what your employer will require of you, but we recommend that you ask for a specific list as to what’s requested. This article will give some common examples of documents needed and how to go about getting them legalized.


Apostille vs Legalization


The Hague Convention of 1961 established the apostille as a uniform way for member countries to verify a document’s authenticity. But, the UAE is not a member and, therefore, requires all documents to be validated through their embassy – or legalized.

But don’t worry, we have worked with the UAE and can efficiently legalize each document you need.


Document Legalization Process


As stated above, it’s best to obtain a specific list of documents that your overseas employer will require, but here are some common examples:

  • Work visa
  • High school diploma
  • Higher education degree and proof of accreditation – the UAE will only legalize degrees from accredited institutions. Visit the CHEA to obtain proof of accreditation
  • FBI background check
  • Passport
  • Driver’s license
  • If bringing your family – marriage license, birth certificate of children

This is a good starting point for you to begin gathering all required documents.

Did you know… Prescription drugs must receive prior approval before being brought into the UAE.

Each document must be individually legalized. So, let’s look at how to go about doing this.


There is a 3-5 step process for the legalization of documents through the UAE Embassy.


  • Notarize the documents that require it (such as your diploma and degrees).
  • Some states require you to have the papers authenticated at the county level.
  • Once notarized, state documents (such as driver’s license and marriage license) are authenticated by the Secretary of State.
  • Federal Documents (such as FBI background check and passport) must be validated at the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C.
  • Legalization from the UAE Embassy.


Plus, once all documents are legalized, they will need to be translated.

We know this can be confusing. That is why we are here – to help you.


Working with One Source Process


Once you have gathered all the proper papers, we will work with the Secretary of State, Department of State and the UAE Embassy to authenticate each document.

Working with us is much easier. Simply fill out the Order Form and upload all documents. We will review everything for FREE and let you know of any missing information. We will also give you a price and timeline of completion.

Then sit back and let us get to work.

Your account representative will ensure each document is brought before the correct governmental agency, watching that everything is properly authenticated.

We can also have all documents and legalizations translated. Saving you the time and hassle.

If you have any questions before you get started, or during the process, Contact Us here. We are available 7 days a week and will quickly get back with you.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you.

Talk to us