foreign Affairs of the USSR
6 July 1984
OF CONSULAR LEGALIZATION
1. Consular legalization is to establish and authenticate the signatures on documents and acts and their compliance with the laws of the state of stay.
Consular legalization confirms the legitimacy of documents and certificates in international communication.
2. Functions of consular legalization are performing
and abroad - consular offices of the USSR
used in the USSR - the Consular Department of the Ministry of foreign Affairs diplomatic Agency of the USSR Ministry of foreign Affairs and the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Union republics.
3. In accordance with article 55 of the Consular Charter of the USSR consular institutions of the Union function for the legalization of documents and acts is entrusted to the consuls of the USSR.
On behalf of Consul consular legalization can be promoted by other consular officers.
The Consul accepts the legalization of documents and certificates certified by the authorities of consular district or coming from these authorities.
4. Organizations and institutions of the USSR and the Union republics, taking into consideration the documents and acts coming from organizations and agencies of a foreign state only in the presence of consular legalization unless otherwise provided by the legislation of the USSR or an international Treaty between the USSR or the Federal Republic and the state of the organizations and institutions which originate the documents and acts.
5. Legalization of powers of attorney to commit any kind of action abroad on behalf of the organizations and agencies of the Union entitled to such transactions as well as other documents related to the activities of these organizations and institutions is made by the Consular Department of the USSR Ministry of foreign Affairs and consular offices of the USSR.
6. Legalization does not apply to documents and acts which contradict the legislation of the USSR and Union republics or on its content to harm the interests of the Soviet state, or issued in violation of instructions governing the execution of documents intended for use abroad or contain information discrediting the honor and dignity of citizens.
Can't be legalized also the originals and copies of the following documents of the Soviet passports documents of belonging to the Communist party, Komsomol and trade Union work books tickets military tickets, identity cards pension books characteristics of education documents intra-sample documents ZAGS intra-sample driver license documents belonging to the estates and faiths of conviction after the establishment of Soviet power or rehabilitation of pre-revolutionary monetary deposits in pre-revolutionary